The quality of the Indoor Air of our homes and offices is an important part of our health and comfort.
There is not much sense in putting a lot of good insulation into a building if it is:
- Not Structurally Sound
- Not Healthy
What types of things can be done to improve the Indoor Air Quality of any home or property?
- The immediate environment of the structure must be kept separate from the inside.
- The required fresh air that is needed, in every one of our buildings, should be filtered and otherwise treated for comfort and to remove pollutants.
- The pollutants that are created during the normal operation of our building must be eliminated, removed, replaced, diluted or neutralized.
- Moisture in any form must be controlled , and then removed avoiding any accumulation.
- Any and all accumulations of moisture damage or animal infestation must be cleaned up and damaged building components replaced.
- A Full Indoor Air Quality evaluation must address all of those concerns.
- Full interior visual inspection
- Full exterior visual inspection
- Testing of the building enclosure to ensure the outside stays outside
- Infrared Evaluation as part of the above testing
- Inspection of HVAC Duct Work and systems that move air.
- Combustion Safety Inspection on open combustion appliances
- Moisture, Carbon Monoxide, N02, SO2 and others
- Infrared and other testing for moisture accumulations.
- Sample Collection of suspended and/or deposited material that are potential pollutants or irritants.
- Examination and Evaluation by a certified Microbiological Laboratory of these samples.
This evaluation is typically completed in two visits to the home or business. Level I Evaluation and Testing is non-destructive and not invasive.
Level II Evaluation and Testing involves invasive inspections. These may be as simple as drilling a few holes for visual inspection or sampling. It may involve removing obviously damaged building material, that requires replacement, for example wet drywall.
Contact The Energy Guy for further information about an Indoor Air Quality Evaluation.